- It is heavy and does not lend itself well to being held in a single hand due to the smooth metal back – I remedied this by ordering a silicon rubber sleeve.
- Safari for iPad does not offer search within a page. This can also be remedied by following the instructions here
- Screen should have been widescreen a 16:10 ratio is pretty much it these days. The widescreen option in the setting sucks!
- The look of apps like the address book, calendar and iBook is cheesy and not customizable
- Takes longer than expected to charge but on the flip side has a long battery life
- The built in Photo frame application is so basic that it will not even allow to set time between photos. Tapping will pause the slideshow but that is it!
- No printer support even in iPhone OS4 Will have to wait for iPhone OS4 for printer support (my accountant needs printed receipts of all purchases)
- Missing apps – Clock, Calculator, Weather, Stocks, I know that substitutes are available for free or very cheap but still….
OK! that is a list of just 8 and that said I absolutely love using my iPad. I use it most for reading, browsing Flickr and at times for viewing video using Air Video. Apple in past has heard its consumers so hopefully most of my gripes will not be there in next versions of the apps. The one which I am really doubtful about is getting a widescreen iPad but hey! one can always wish…..
I have listed my gripes – what are yours gripes about the iPad?