Finally the wait is over! On 22nd March 2015 the CakePHP team announced the availability of version 3.0.0 stable. There are a host of new features in the latest version.
Over at SANIsoft website we already have a bunch of posts related to CakePHP 3.0 are the links to a few old posts that were written about CakePHP 3.0
- Migrations in CakePHP 3 – A quickstart
- View Cells in CakePHP 3 – A quick start!
- Events in CakePHP 3 – A 4 step HowTo
- Twitter bootstrap forms in CakePHP 3
- Change markup for pagination in CakePHP 3
- Themes in CakePHP 3, A step by step HowTo
Do I have a negative remark about the framework? Well if I stretch my mind I would say this version once again breaks backward compatibility. However CakePHP version changes should be seen like LTS (Long Term Support) releases and in it’s 10 year history they have only 3 LTS releases so this is certainly way better than most of the other frameworks out there.