With so many pictures from our Tanzania trip I wanted to something different than my usual wildlife photography style. I have tried to compile a series of five pictures which I call “Animal Portraits”. Each of these animals are from a group referred to as the African Big Five. Continue reading and grab the other 4 too!!
- @lazygarfield You went on a romantic drive with a boy viz: you in reply to lazygarfield #
- @lazygarfield touche' you score in reply to lazygarfield #
- #nowplaying Chha Rahi Kali Ghata by Begum Akhtar from Farmaaish – Ghazals & Geet #
- #nowplaying So What by Pink from Funhouse #
- @Fitehal Bikers or Cyclist? in reply to Fitehal #
- Looking forward to a new week! Has been an awesome weekend. Going offline – got to finish the book which I have been not reading Continue reading
On the morning of our departure from Kirawira, western Serengeti it was cloudy and we had almost given up all hopes of seeing anything but then as it can happen with any jungle safari our luck changed. Just 20 meter form the road was sitting a part of a lion pride three lioness with two cubs. Initially the cubs were just content to suckle but then one of the lioness took upon herself that it was time to teach a few things about hunting to the young ones. So she cajoled them into play and what looked like a lot of fun for the cubs she proceeded to teach them some moves about how to hunt! I won’t bother with much verbal details and will let the pictures do the talking. Continue reading 9 photos after the link
- @Ramblinggeek From development POV there isn't but you have to provide a different UI for iPad. cc @sukhi_c @palewar in reply to Ramblinggeek #
- @geetanjalid Well considering the number of times my friends have retweeted this I don't see much of a problem in reply to geetanjalid #
- @geetanjalid Ah! mostly taken by some extremely sexy, confident women in reply to geetanjalid #
- If I was as good a writer as I wanted to be I probably wouldn't be a photographer #self #random #
- RT @zeldman iMac dies after Safari update http://bit.ly/aGKjvX #
- Honesty is the sexiest thing a man can give to a woman – was DMed this #quote in response to http://bit.ly/9RNatz – Agree? Continue reading
- #nowplaying Cat People [putting Out the Fire] by David Bowie from Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds #
- #nowplaying White Lightning by Charles Bernstein from Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds #
- RT @zeldman Battle of the e-Book readers: Stanza vs. iBooks http://bit.ly/96cEhi #
- @tdinkar If you have the money buy it in reply to tdinkar #
- Using #iPad as the second screen on my #iMac is cool #
- Here comes the sun again! #photos of Lions http://is.gd/cFuus #photography Continue reading
- @anid I find wikimapia to be fairly accurate for #nagpur in reply to anid #
- @anid combined with a GPS it failed!? in reply to anid #
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/t…..655535940/ Great white pelican. #photography #
- @tweetdeck is there a way to prevent Flickr URLs being shorteded to flic.kr URLs? #
- @richardbarley Thanks for that life-saver in reply to richardbarley #
- @palewar if you have the time then call him – would be interesting Continue reading
- It is heavy and does not lend itself well to being held in a single hand due to the smooth metal back – I remedied this by ordering a silicon rubber sleeve.
- Safari for iPad does not offer search within a page. This can also be remedied by following the instructions here
- Screen should have been widescreen a 16:10 ratio is pretty much it these days. The widescreen option in the setting sucks!
- The look of apps like the address book, calendar and iBook is cheesy and not customizable
- Takes longer than expected to charge but on the flip side has a long battery life
- The built in Photo frame application is so basic that it will not even allow to set time between photos. Tapping will pause the slideshow but that is it!
- No printer support even in iPhone OS4 Will have to wait for iPhone OS4 for printer support (my accountant needs printed receipts of all purchases)
- Missing apps – Clock, Calculator, Weather, Stocks, I know that substitutes are available for free or very cheap but still….
OK! that is a list of just 8 and that said I absolutely love using my iPad. I use it most for reading, browsing Flickr and at times for viewing video using Air Video. Apple in past has heard its consumers so hopefully most of my gripes will not be there in next versions of the apps. The one which I am really doubtful about is getting a widescreen iPad but hey! one can always wish…..
I have listed my gripes – what are yours gripes about the iPad?
As we drove towards the Central Serengeti plains a head bobbed up from behind a rising – I immediately exclaimed – Vulture!! But as the bird continued to come towards us it became apparent that the bird was taller than any vulture I know of, as the legs came into view they were more like that of a Stork or a Crane. This was my first encounter with the Secretary-bird. Continue reading has 2 more pictures…
Lake Manyara was our first game drive destination on our 9 day travails through Tanzania. After landing at Nairobi we traveled for nearly 7 hours before we could reach here. Even though we were very tired the abundance of birdlife and wildlife made up for everything. Continue reading there are 20 more pictures!!